Saturday, October 23, 2004

Long Road

Let's see... I haven't slept in my own bed since Tuesday of this week. The boy and I have been in my hometown since then. Hubby went home on Thursday Night to finish up a few consulting jobs and left us behind :-( (j/k).

Thursday, I went to Atlanta to check out an innercity ministry there and even got to help at an outreach event. It was so awesome. I love to see people actually "putting arms and legs" on the Gospel. It's the way it was meant to be done! We are doing an outreach of our own on Wednesday afternoon. It will be a lot of these peoples first time to do outreach like this so I am super excited. Wednesday AM I have to go buy all of the food. This will be my first time doing this, so pray for me :-)It's going to be a lot of food!

Yesterday I went to the church to work on some Kids Church stuff, but I couldn't get anything done because the boy was running around like a wild child. I finally just left and brought him home for a nap. He slept for like 3 hours! I took a nap too :-)

Today, my grandparents, the boy, my nephew and I went to a company fun day that was held at a huge farm. They had a huge playground for the kids, the boy went on his first hayride (loved it!), the nephew rode the the kiddie train and did the pony ride (2 times). We had to ride the go karts together though because he wasn't 15 (he was not to happy about that. I told him in 8 short years, he could drive). We also played BINGO, but we didn't win anything. It was fun though.

Now, I am completely worn out. The boy only took a 30 minute nap this afternoon, so he was not a happy camper at dinner. He wanted to be held the entire time. He had some milk after we got home and was down for the count by 7:45.

Tomorrow night is church and we will finally go home on Monday afternoon before we have to come back Tuesday afternoon and stay until Wednesday afternoon!


www.coolcounters.com