Excuses
I am responsible for the computers in 3 elementary schools. Today was Open House because school starts on Monday.
Anyway, I was sitting in a classroom when I heard a parent tell a teacher that she had issues with her son's teacher last year because the teacher didn't have boys of her own and didn't know how to deal with them! This woman had the nerve to basically say it was okay for her child to misbehave because he is a boy! The old saying "Boys will be boys" annoys me for some reason now that I have a boy of my own. The saying gives boys the license to act up and get in trouble.
Does it sound like I am rambling?
I am sooo tired that tonight I was sitting with the boy while he was eating dinner and just getting ticked at everything he did. Then, hubby told me to just go away and he would sit with him. That made me cry because I thought he was mad. I hate being this tired because I cry at the least little thing! The bad thing is, I can't even really rest this weekend either! We have a wedding on Saturday, 3 PM till midnight (Hubby has a side business and does videography, web design, consulting, etc) and I am the other camera person. I hate weddings -- Especially when the bride is really bratty. Sunday, we have church and then we have a pool party for my sweet SIL's birthday. Then, it's back to the grindstone on Monday.
Okay, church ladies... what do you think about women in the ministry? I think I read something on someone's journal the other day about it, but I'm not sure. I worked as a full time youth/children's pastor for a few years and I would really like to go back into full time ministry some day, maybe when the boy starts school and I am finished with my schooling (will that ever happen??). The problem is that I have always worked in Pentecostal churches and now we have started going to a Baptist church and I'm not sure how it all works. I am going to be a Children's Church leader once a month and will have a team that will help me. I am excited! I will get to use some of my old lessons and music. It will definately be different from what they are used to!
I have written enough. Thanks to Jenn for mentioning Reblogger!
Anyway, I was sitting in a classroom when I heard a parent tell a teacher that she had issues with her son's teacher last year because the teacher didn't have boys of her own and didn't know how to deal with them! This woman had the nerve to basically say it was okay for her child to misbehave because he is a boy! The old saying "Boys will be boys" annoys me for some reason now that I have a boy of my own. The saying gives boys the license to act up and get in trouble.
Does it sound like I am rambling?
I am sooo tired that tonight I was sitting with the boy while he was eating dinner and just getting ticked at everything he did. Then, hubby told me to just go away and he would sit with him. That made me cry because I thought he was mad. I hate being this tired because I cry at the least little thing! The bad thing is, I can't even really rest this weekend either! We have a wedding on Saturday, 3 PM till midnight (Hubby has a side business and does videography, web design, consulting, etc) and I am the other camera person. I hate weddings -- Especially when the bride is really bratty. Sunday, we have church and then we have a pool party for my sweet SIL's birthday. Then, it's back to the grindstone on Monday.
Okay, church ladies... what do you think about women in the ministry? I think I read something on someone's journal the other day about it, but I'm not sure. I worked as a full time youth/children's pastor for a few years and I would really like to go back into full time ministry some day, maybe when the boy starts school and I am finished with my schooling (will that ever happen??). The problem is that I have always worked in Pentecostal churches and now we have started going to a Baptist church and I'm not sure how it all works. I am going to be a Children's Church leader once a month and will have a team that will help me. I am excited! I will get to use some of my old lessons and music. It will definately be different from what they are used to!
I have written enough. Thanks to Jenn for mentioning Reblogger!


<< Home