Almost Over...
I love Christmas, but I am ready for it to get here and be over with. I wish Christmas didn't have to be all about the gifts and decorations. I have said that when the boy gets to his teen years, we will go volunteer in Atlanta every Christmas Day at a shelter or something. It may be sooner than that :-) My child WILL grow up learning about the true meaning of Christmas.
I say that because yesterday was our monthly outreach at a park in town. We had 86 people come!! That is awesome. Anyway, a lady from church came and brought her kids. No problem, except they were the first ones in line trying to pick out toys that were supposed to go to the outreach kids that may not have that great of a Christmas. It burned me up! I talked to her and she put the toys up, but it goes to show me that she doesn't understand the whole giving part of Christmas, only the getting part. We didn't bring any toys back from the outreach! There was some good stuff in there too :-)
This coming week is pretty full already. Hubby has an interview on Monday, I have service on Tuesday Night, Wednesday is free (PTL!), Thursday, I may be taking the kids ice skating... have to talk with parents first, and Friday is Christmas Eve with my family and then we will come home that night and Saturday, the boy will have Santa and around lunch we will go to Hubby's mom and dad's house. We have done this routine (Cmas Eve and Cmas Day) since we got married and it has worked out really nice. We only live a hour away from my family, so it's not that big of a deal to drive back. I am thankful that I live close enough that we can do that. I always hear of people shipping off huge boxes of Cmas gifts to their family and I am so glad we don't have to do that!
I told the boy to pick out a Christmas movie to watch and he picked out Elmo's Happy Holidays. There's nothing like seeing Bert playing Joseph :-) I also learned about different celebrations. So, we are both learning something!
We have to leave in a little while to go to my hometown. Hubby has to help FIL install a new hard drive and install the operating system. It's so funny. I don't know what I would do if I got another computer job right now. I have been so far removed from the "computer world" for 4 months, I would look totally stupid! After doing all that geek work, then it will be time for praise and worship practice and then church.
Have a great week guys!!
I say that because yesterday was our monthly outreach at a park in town. We had 86 people come!! That is awesome. Anyway, a lady from church came and brought her kids. No problem, except they were the first ones in line trying to pick out toys that were supposed to go to the outreach kids that may not have that great of a Christmas. It burned me up! I talked to her and she put the toys up, but it goes to show me that she doesn't understand the whole giving part of Christmas, only the getting part. We didn't bring any toys back from the outreach! There was some good stuff in there too :-)
This coming week is pretty full already. Hubby has an interview on Monday, I have service on Tuesday Night, Wednesday is free (PTL!), Thursday, I may be taking the kids ice skating... have to talk with parents first, and Friday is Christmas Eve with my family and then we will come home that night and Saturday, the boy will have Santa and around lunch we will go to Hubby's mom and dad's house. We have done this routine (Cmas Eve and Cmas Day) since we got married and it has worked out really nice. We only live a hour away from my family, so it's not that big of a deal to drive back. I am thankful that I live close enough that we can do that. I always hear of people shipping off huge boxes of Cmas gifts to their family and I am so glad we don't have to do that!
I told the boy to pick out a Christmas movie to watch and he picked out Elmo's Happy Holidays. There's nothing like seeing Bert playing Joseph :-) I also learned about different celebrations. So, we are both learning something!
We have to leave in a little while to go to my hometown. Hubby has to help FIL install a new hard drive and install the operating system. It's so funny. I don't know what I would do if I got another computer job right now. I have been so far removed from the "computer world" for 4 months, I would look totally stupid! After doing all that geek work, then it will be time for praise and worship practice and then church.
Have a great week guys!!


<< Home