Thursday, August 26, 2004

Bye Bye

Tomorrow is the boy's last day at daycare. I am happy, but I am sad too. He has learned so much there! I know I can teach him just as much at home and we can go on all kinds of field trips and things, but I still can't help being sad about it. I just feel like we are turning his world upside down on him. He is still young and he probably won't even remember daycare, but he will remember the time he spends with me.

Okay, now I feel better about it :-)

Here is the little card we made for his teacher.



I haven't really done much today. We ran errands and that's about it. Tomorrow, I will get more done around the house. I let the boy sleep in this morning because he did not have a good night AT ALL! I think he has sinus issues like his Mommy and Daddy and just couldn't sleep. So, he didn't get to daycare until 9 AM. He normally gets there at 7:20, so you can see how my day was messed up from the beginning! They said he coughed a lot during nap today, so when he got home we gave him some medicine. Hopefully, he will sleep better tonight.

I got an email today from someone that I haven't heard from in over a year and a half! It was good to hear from her and to find out that she was doing okay. I think we may be taking a trip to visit her and her family soon. She still hasn't met the boy yet! This lady was like a mother to me when I first started out in the ministry. She was in the ministry too, so she was someone that I could look up to. I was always the "daughter she never had". I moved away and we really lost touch and went our seperate ways. Sad how that happens. But, maybe we can make up for lost time now.



www.coolcounters.com