Thursday, August 19, 2004

Various

I really love being home with the boy and I can't wait for the day that I can stay home with him! He got up around 7:40 yesterday morning and was ready to go! He cried when his Daddy left for work, so sad! Anyway, around 10:30, he was getting fussy, so I laid him down for a nap and tried to scramble around to get the living room straighten up after Hurricane B came through. It takes him literally like 3 seconds to make it a disaster area! So, I got it all nice and then it was time to get him up and give him a bath. We were eating lunch with Hubby by 12:15 :-) He also had to go and see everyone at Daddy's office. They always have such a fit over him.

Yesterday's appointment was pretty good. He weighs 27 lbs and is 32 inches tall. The shot was not as bad as I expected. He screamed and then jumped down off the table and ran out, like nothing ever happened!

We went to Old Navy after the appointment and he was flirting with everyone that was there! Anyway, I got a pair of cords, 2 pair of capris (my very first... well, the first ones I actually like) and 2 cute shirts. The boy got a shirt that says, "Future President", a baseball cap and a pair of sandals (4.99 baby!). I got an email coupon this morning for $10 off a $50 purchase!!!! WHAT? Didn't they know I was going shopping yesterday? The nerve of those people! The coupon is only good through Aug. 26! I don't think I am going back before then. Man!

Church last night was good. The youth played frisbee football, so we didn't do any p&w. I went to choir practice and played bass. It is fun to play with hubby. We also practiced a new quartet song. The quartet is me, hubby, the guitar player and the music director. It sounded soooo good (if you like tight harmonies and southern gospel-y stuff). We found out our choir and we musicians are going to another church next Sunday night for a singing and we are doing the music... should be very very interesting. Did I mention we joined the church on Sunday? I am still new to all of the Baptist stuff, so I think the "moving your letter" thing is weird. I don't have a letter to move since I am a former, recovering Pentecostal. Hubby moved his letter from his home church when we was a music minister in college and then moved it back to another church in this town when he became the orchestral director there. So, this is move #3 for him in his 30 years. That's good, right?


Well, it's almost 7 AM and I'm not dressed yet and the boy is still asleep. He didn't get in the bed until 10, so I was going to let him sleep a little longer.


Have a great day ya'll!

Cheri, did I get this published before you got up? I try to follow orders :-)




www.coolcounters.com