Monday, September 13, 2004

Halloween... Harvest.. whatever

So, we've been trying to figure out what we are going to dress the boy up like for the event that happens toward the end of October. You can tell me it's the devil's holiday and that we shouldn't be dressing our child up, but we both dressed up as kids for FUN and it hasn't caused any ill effects on us. It's not like we are taking him from house to house to beg for candy. I don't "decorate" my home for Halloween. I decorate for Fall Harvest (pumpkins, mums, leaves). He will go to see all of his grandparents and we may take him to a little costume contest at the mall in my hometown. At the churches I worked at in years past we always had Harvest Festivals and we let the kids dress up in "safe" costumes meaning no devils, witches, vampires, etc. Last year, he was a lion. I got like one good photo of him :-) He didn't like the costume very much. So, we are still on the lookout for a good costume for the boy.


Today, we are going to down to visit with my family and have a party tonight. I don't think we are going to be able to buy any of the stuff, but every party we have contributes to money toward us buying some of the pieces. A few pieces would be nice, but I don't think I need everything! I don't have room for all of it :-)


Yesterday was Grandparent's Day and I bought cards for everyone, addressed them and then didn't get them in the mail on Saturday.... bad mom. Anyway, so we will be delivering those today :-)

I need to run and get the boy up from his slumber and get breakfast fixed.


www.coolcounters.com