Monday, September 06, 2004

Not Too Far From Here

I was telling Cheri on Friday night about how far people were evacuating out of Florida before Frances hit. So, I could hardly believe it when I got ready to do Children's Church yesterday morning to find a little girl in my class that had to evacuate. She was upset, but we prayed for her and we prayed that her Daddy would be safe (he stayed behind with the house). I'm not sure when they will be going back, but probably sometime this week. Hubby cousin and preggo wife are okay. They are without power, but okay besides that. Now, it looks like Frances is heading our way and is going to bring a lot of wind and a lot of rain, so pray for us, if you think about it. If you look at the projections for where it's going, we are right at the Tuesday mark.

We are spending the Labor Day holiday with family. Around noon, we will be going to a cookout at the church I used to be the Children's Pastor at. I miss that church :-(

Before I leave, I just want to say this... it is a sad state of affairs when you have more people sign up for the church bowling league than will sign up to work in the nursery ministry!!


www.coolcounters.com